What's new

RT-AC86U speed tests at max speed, devices start to slow by about 95% after short period of time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atomicmoon

New Around Here
I thought maybe it was my device drivers, but after speed testing on multiple devices it appears that my router is still testing at 300 Mbps down, but my devices max at 10 Mbps. I've disabled adaptive Qos to attempt to remove any throttling, but results are the same. I can regain full speed if I restart a device, which makes it seem like it's a LAN driver issue, but the fact that it's doing it on all my devices leads back to the router slowing things down.

What devices are at full speed if restarted? That can't be a router issue, if true.

In this scenario it's two laptops. Laptop one is unaffected, but laptop 2 requires a "netsh winsock reset" every 30 minutes to achieve full speed. I believe I can now rule out the router as being part of the problem, so I'm taking my issue to the laptop manufacturer. Thank you for your reply.

are the results the same for LAN and wi-fi connection?
is this Asus laptop - they have driver/ program AI internet or similar (do not remember name) you need to uninstall it as it drastically limit internet speed.

I'm seeing this on my AC88U. Only way to stop it is to disable QoS. Enabled--10mbps

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online