What's new

[RT-AC86u] USB video class modules load trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Iojkin_kot

New Around Here
I compiled USB video class kernel modules from repository https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng. Compiling is ok, but when i try to load modules i get error:
Code:
insmod /opt/lib/modules/4.1.27/kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-core.ko
Nov 15 12:57:12 kernel: videobuf2_core: Unknown symbol dma_buf_get (err 0)
Nov 15 12:57:12 kernel: videobuf2_core: Unknown symbol dma_buf_put (err 0)
Nov 15 12:57:12 kernel: videobuf2_core: Unknown symbol dma_buf_fd (err 0)
What i do wrong?

Firmware Version:384.7_2

Yes, I compiled kernel with CONFIG_DMA_SHARED_BUFFER=y. But Merlin compiled his firmware without this option. Maybe this is the problem?

Some modules will generate changes in other kernel components that make it impossible to just insert the module in an existing kernel - sometimes you have to recompile the whole kernel as well. And some of these changes may conflict and break existing precompiled modules, so be warned that you are walking in a minefield whenever playing with kernel options.

OK I understood. Can you compile your firmwares with CONFIG_DMA_SHARED_BUFFER=y? Or should I rebuild the firmware each time to support this option?

I see no reason to compile the firmware with that option enabled. You will have to compile your own build if you have particular needs for that specific option - and hope that it doesn't prevent the kernel from booting other precompiled modules.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!