What's new

RT ac86u WiFi dropping devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tom edwards

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
I have had the above router for about 18months, but since having to reset it after accidentally blocking All devices via my phone app about 2 weeks ago, I'm now having issues with the router losing connection to various devices intermittently throughout day.
It was fine before the reset and is currently running latest firmware update. I have spoken to my isp(Virgin media) who have said there are no issues with fibre connections. The router is connected to isp router which is in modem mode. Have also spoke to Asus tech helpline who could not offer suggestions on settings and said if reset to latest firmware it's likely a hardware issue??
I'm not really techie with regard to networking and wondered if someone can offer some advise as to way forward,things to try etc. As said I'm not that experienced with this stuff, just want help to eliminate issues or confirm if router is knackered.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Search for user L&LD's link to his 'nuclear reset' found in his signature, could help.

Hi. Got it!! Seems like a lot of work,some aspects look very confusing as I've no experience of networking, particularly saving config files!!!
Is it possible that the routers failed on a radio channel it was flawless until I did a reset due to not being able to access it after blocking all users by the bloody Asus phone app!!!
Thanks

Hi. Got it!! Seems like a lot of work,some aspects look very confusing as I've no experience of networking, particularly saving config files!!!
Is it possible that the routers failed on a radio channel it was flawless until I did a reset due to not being able to access it after blocking all users by the bloody Asus phone app!!!
Thanks
It isn't as hard as it looks and is well worth the effort I did the nuklea reset, thanks l&LD , and it brought my RT AC 88 U back to New I am no techy and believe me if I can follow the reset anyone can

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!