What's new

Rt-ac86u wired connection issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Silentsoul

Occasional Visitor
I recently upgraded from the rt-ac68u to the rt-ac86u. I have a weird issue occurring i can't seem to figure out. After a fresh reboot I am getting the limited connectivity triangle for about 15 seconds. I have tested this on 3 different pc's and have the same results. Only wired connection has this issue.

Latest Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.384_32799

It's coming up as Event 202 DeviceSetupManager.
The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.

Similar situation here. Have 2 NAS boxes and printer connected to the network. Takes a bit to settle down after a reboot. The 86u is my third Asus router. Started with n66u then ac68u now the86u. All excellent routers. BTH would highly recommend Merlins firmware. Have used it since the n66u.

After a reboot it usually takes a while for everything to work correctly. 15 seconds is quite short.

Unless something else is wrong, it sounds like a keeper.

I have a Samsung nvme drive. Only takes about 8 seconds from power button till desktop. This doesn't occur on 68u or the netgear xr500

Pc reboot. Not router, just to clarify.

IIt's coming up as Event 202 DeviceSetupManager.
The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
As this is essentially a Windows issue I suggest you examine the details of the event you have found to determine what the problem is.

I would agree except this happens on 3 different pcs and only with this router.
What I mean is that it's something that's effecting the operation of the PC so it's probably easier to diagnose it from the Windows side, given that it where the problem is manifesting.

15sec after boot up then everything works fine? I guess that could be disruptive for some scenarios. It could be many things, but since it's ethernet at least that eliminates half of the possibilities. I'm no expert in this department, but I'd start with the obvious... look in to the router's dns settings (dnssec, maybe try a google dns server), and also lan settings (stp/jumbo frames).

15sec after boot up then everything works fine? I guess that could be disruptive for some scenarios. It could be many things, but since it's ethernet at least that eliminates half of the possibilities. I'm no expert in this department, but I'd start with the obvious... look in to the router's dns settings (dnssec, maybe try a google dns server), and also lan settings (stp/jumbo frames).

Already checked all that stuff to the best of my knowledge on it.

I have another rt86u coming tomorrow just to see if there is an issue with the switch in the current one.

Just to confirm:
  • Issue is only associated with Ethernet
  • 3 PC have issue (2 with same NIC)
  • PC are cabled directly back of router (no switch)
The Event 202 you’re seeing is just saying something’s broke nothing more.

To me, it sounds like a configuration issue associated with DHCP on PCs because everything is working fine on WiFi, right?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!