What's new

rt-AC87u (380.64_2) printer problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ola Jönsson

New Around Here
Hi!

Router specs are as shown in title.
Printer: Canon LBP2900, connected to the router via USB (port on backside)

When I start the router everything works fine. I can print several documents from different computers on my network.
Problem starts after a while (hours/days) and then the printer stops responding. I can't print anything at all and the only solution I've found that works is to reboot the router. Then all printing jobs in queue(on any comp) "magically" gets printed.
Any idea what could be causing this? I'm no expert on this and don't know how to troubleshoot it.
I haven't seen this behavior from the printer before. I can have it connected to a PC and share it w/o problems but thats not the solution I want...

/Ola

Am I missing something obvious here since I'm not getting any replies?
I know printer compatibility is shirt on Asus routers but since it actually works, for a while, I figured it would be something that could be solved... :)

/Ola

I reported the same problem a year ago, or further, but no fix and I think it's impossible. The solution I use - very old Dlink DIR-320 rev.A1 with a high-compatible print server. It's configured as access point, with disabled wifi, connected via cable to Asus router and printer connected to dlink's usb port. No troubles, and actually it's even better, because I can put my printer everywhere, like real network printer, not only near Asus router

Same here with ac87u and Dell laser printer. Actually in one of the older firmwares 379 the printer was working flawlessly. But as I don't need a printer more than once in a week get use to reboot the router.

I have the same problem using firmware 380.64 (and _2) with RT-AC68U. The problem seems to be the print server queue (task) stops working since the GUI still recognizes if the printer is on or off so the print driver portion is working.

The only way to recover was to power-cycle the router. Is there a way to reset the queue with another method? I also tried the "Reboot" button but the router never came back (probably a different issue) until I power-cycled.

While I was still using the T-Mobile firmware, I could only ever get my printer (an old Samsung laser printer) to print once after installing the EZ Printer Sharing tool. After that, I had to uninstall then rerun the same tool to get it to print again. Rebooting the router didn't work. You could try that...

Not a great solution, but at least it can be done without having to get up from your computer. and it's faster than a reboot.