What's new

RT-AC87U - 380.68_4 - Random Reboots

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ozymandius100

New Around Here
I am currently running 380.68_4 on my Asus AC87U and I see random reboots throughout the day. I have enabled OpenVPN and OpenDNS only. Looking for any advice on how to resolve these. I have attached my log below for the past few weeks. You will notice when the time shifts, is when the reboot is occurring.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    431.4 KB · Views: 502
I've had the same issue for a month or two now. It's not every day though. It appears random. I remember I also got it on the previous firmware. I think it started around October 29 when the daylight saving time ended and I had to change those settings.

Looks like a NVRAM/JFFS error:
Code:
kernel: JFFS2 notice: (356) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x02bf2f60: read 0xde5fe8df, calculated 0xc9692dcb.

You should do a factory reset to mark bad block on the NVRAM and reconfigure your router from scratch (with no AI-Protection and OpenVPN at first). Test the basic features before you add additional ones.

By the way: You have also enabled AI-Protection(?) - and together with OpenVPN your router can easily run out of RAM (remember: you have only 256 MB!) - a swap file on USB stick would be also a good idea.

I also have that kind of error it seems:

kernel: JFFS2 notice: (368) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x00cf1f18: read 0xebe8e5b4, calculated 0xad6fd4e7.

Don't have AI-Protection or OpenVPN enabled but I do have PPTP VPN running.

RAM usage seems to idle around 24 % right now.