Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC87U - 380.68_4 - Random Reboots

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Ozymandius100, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ozymandius100

Ozymandius100 New Around Here

I am currently running 380.68_4 on my Asus AC87U and I see random reboots throughout the day. I have enabled OpenVPN and OpenDNS only. Looking for any advice on how to resolve these. I have attached my log below for the past few weeks. You will notice when the time shifts, is when the reboot is occurring.

Attached Files:

2. bmn1

bmn1 Regular Contributor

I've had the same issue for a month or two now. It's not every day though. It appears random. I remember I also got it on the previous firmware. I think it started around October 29 when the daylight saving time ended and I had to change those settings.

3. joegreat

joegreat Very Senior Member

Looks like a NVRAM/JFFS error:
    Code:
    kernel: JFFS2 notice: (356) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x02bf2f60: read 0xde5fe8df, calculated 0xc9692dcb.
    You should do a factory reset to mark bad block on the NVRAM and reconfigure your router from scratch (with no AI-Protection and OpenVPN at first). Test the basic features before you add additional ones.

By the way: You have also enabled AI-Protection(?) - and together with OpenVPN your router can easily run out of RAM (remember: you have only 256 MB!) - a swap file on USB stick would be also a good idea.

4. bmn1

bmn1 Regular Contributor

I also have that kind of error it seems:

kernel: JFFS2 notice: (368) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x00cf1f18: read 0xebe8e5b4, calculated 0xad6fd4e7.

Don't have AI-Protection or OpenVPN enabled but I do have PPTP VPN running.

RAM usage seems to idle around 24 % right now.