What's new

Solved RT-AC87U login CAPTCHA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sky

Regular Contributor
I have an RT-AC87U using secure login that started requiring me to enter a CAPTCHA every time I login. I recall this CAPTCHA thing started happening 2-or-so firmware versions past when the user failed to login properly, but this issue is different.

It appears to be confined to happening with Firefox, it doesn't present in Chrome. In Edge the first time I tried to login in did some instant screen rewrites then displayed a 5-min delay before allowing another login attempt, after which I logged in successfully but Edge broke the web page; logging out and closing that out browser session, then re-launching Edge it no longer showed up. However, both Chrome and Edge refused to allow saving of the credentials. Of note, Firefox suffers a screen rewrite before presenting the login page whether accessing via a bookmark or by manually entering the IP.

I am wondering if this is a new security implementation that Firefox is struggling with. In Firefox I can login with saved credentials, but have to type in the CAPTCHA. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

Last edited:
This turned out to be Firefox browser setting issue. Fixing that fixed this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!