What's new

RT-AC87U / RT-AC68U Media bridge NAT issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

questinghero

New Around Here
I have a Playstation TV/Vita TV (please don't stop reading here) that I use for streaming my PS4 games when I want to play upstairs. The PSTV only has Wireless N and the streaming works MOST of the time. I have tested it connected directly over Ethernet, and all my issues go away... BUT, I am not cabled upstairs. I am using an RT-AC87U as my router, and someone gave me a RT-AC68U that I would like to use as a media bridge for the PSTV. when I try and connect through, the PSTV is unable to connect to the internet stating that the "NAT type" failed.

The connection Media Bridge is 5Ghz, 600Mbps, and RSSI: -56 dBm, so it should be fine. also, when My macbook is connected to the bridge, I have a pretty good connection over wifi (5GHz AC) with a 2ms ping with the exception of 4-6 dropped pings every 50 pings or so, something that doesn't happen when I connect directly to my router from the same location.

Like I said before, when I connect my PSTV directly to my switch RT-AC87U, everything works fine (it's NAT type 2).

I am running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 on both devices.

Thanks

I am still having this issue, but I have a little more info. Every time I turn on the PSTV, it seems to flood the RT-AC68U. the following shows up in the Logs when I turn it on, or do a network test:
Aug 16 18:49:28 kernel: net_ratelimit: 32 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:49:33 kernel: net_ratelimit: 5 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:49:39 kernel: net_ratelimit: 15 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:49:57 kernel: net_ratelimit: 19 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:51:55 kernel: net_ratelimit: 54 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:52:00 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Aug 16 18:52:06 kernel: net_ratelimit: 5 callbacks suppressed

it looks like you can disable this (https://bani.com.br/2015/06/linux-getting-rid-of-net_ratelimit-n-callbacks-suppressed-messages/), but before I SSH in, I want to make sure that I am not going to make the issue worse. ANY help would be awesome.

Thanks,

I have similar issue. I think. I have Netgear R7000 and main router and AC68U in media bridge. I have Xbox and htpc connected to AC68U. Both will loose connection overnight. It does seem that I can ping google from AC68UI UI in network tools, but htpc can't access internet at all.

Have you resolve your issue?