What's new

RT-AC87U ssh enable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snbdora

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I want to enable ssh access. When I check in Yes and hit apply, it says the username can't be blank. I've a user already for https web access.

I want to use the same user. What am I missing?

Thanks

Hello,

I want to enable ssh access. When I check in Yes and hit apply, it says the username can't be blank. I've a user already for https web access.

I want to use the same user. What am I missing?

Thanks
On the same page where you enable ssh, in the section "Change the router login password", there is the field "Router Login Name". This field is the router id for login purpose. If not modified, it is "Admin".

That said, do you say that there is an id in that field (probably "Admin"), and when, on the same page, you enable ssh and click Apply, it says that the username cannot be blank.

For your confirmation.

The "Router Login Name" field is empty I've had a Login name created while setting up the router for the first time which I use for web login. All I need is to enable the "ssh" access and use the same login name.

I don't understand why it's forcing me to change the login name.

The "Router Login Name" field is empty I've had a Login name created while setting up the router for the first time which I use for web login. All I need is to enable the "ssh" access and use the same login name.

I don't understand why it's forcing me to change the login name.

Listen snbdora, I really don't understand (it is not the first time, and it will not be the last).:confused:

Do me a favor...Please enter a login name there, and see what happens. At least it is going to be a lot more normal than it is now...

Please tell me what happen after doing that.

I had the same thing happen to me, just put "admin" in at the top for a login name.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!