What's new

RT-AC87U USB 3.0 issue ....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rirusssma

Regular Contributor
I got a USB3.0 64GB drive which is formatted NTSF to work with the Router, however, it does not read how much it is using or how much Space it has left.
On the previews RT-NU that I was using this information was there. Any ideas?

USB3Problem.jpg

Also, should I use the 'Reducing USB 3 Interference' Option?

Is this a 'Normal' output for the USB 3.0 port on the AC87U?

Does anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks.-:confused:

Seems that there is a 'GREY' area, about the USB 3.0 port on the AC87U Router.

I was excited about placing a USB 3.0 Drive and having good transfer speeds on it.

But after working with it for several days with no avail and specially when the problem seems that is not a common issue on the forum, I was wondering if any one has the same results with the AC68U and the USB 3.0 port.

One of the main features of why we got the AC87U was to take advantage of the USB 3.0 port.

Back to the Drawing board.

Any experience with the USB 3.0 port on the on the AC68U? Any one that has gotten good results?:confused:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

We also went to THIS page and formatted the drive as indicated, which took forever to format, the result was also the same.:eek:

Maybe it has something to do with THIS article, even though is quite old, but never the less, there is some complicated issue with this USB 3.0 Port.

However, the USB 2.0 port on the RT-AC87U works without any issue, just like it did on the RT-N66U.

Last edited:
Make sure you disable the option that reduces USB 3.0 interference, otherwise your port will either run at USB 2.0 speed, or flat out fail to detect any plugged HDD.

The RT-AC87U USB port can definitely push some decent numbers.

Thank you RMerlin,

Yes, I did notice that using the USB 3.0 interference made thing more complicated.

Right now the transfers and access is working fine, however, there has not been a combination of format type, Interference On/Off, Boot/reBoot, On/Off, that shows the Available & Total Space; the 'fill bar' does not show the actual state of the drive either. Should this work for USB_3?

Thanks for the information. We must be missing something.:(

ASUSUSB3-1-1.jpg

The PERMISSION options are not there to change.

ASUSUSB3-1-12.jpg

Known issue, usually occurs if your device has an unusual partition table, or contains a non-standard partition (some USB disks contain a special hidden partition that hosts various tools, for instance).

Thanks a million Merlin, I was believing it was just my system for a while there.

I have formatted that drive in many, many ways to get it to show up right, the only way it shows all the info is if I make it Fat32, but that limits the transfer.

I'll rest for a while with this USB3 port.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards.-:)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!