1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC87U wifi low speed and ping lossing

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by michal., Aug 14, 2019 at 7:40 AM.

1. michal.

michal. New Around Here

Hello,

I've noticed that after update my router AC87U to 384.13 (and now to 384.13_1) I'm having problem with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.

When i ping router i have huge unstable latency and every 10-30s ping losses (on 2.4 GHz is not that bad as on 5 GHz)

Second thing - on speed test i can achieve max 60 Mb/s (I have 300 MB/s on wire connection).

Problem is on every device i have in office - distance to router is max 25m and its only 1 thin drywall.

PS. Also after every update to newest firmware - VPN server stop working (on settings page in router - device show that server is working but it's not. To start VPN again i must disable and reenable VPN server - then its OK again)

Attached Files:

2. grifo

grifo Occasional Visitor

Hi, I also have an AC87U running 384.13_1 and it's running fine, I've just done a speedtest over the 5Ghz radio and I got 492 Mbps (from nearby the router), ping is also fine. Also I don't have the VPN server issue after firmware updates.

Which firmware have you upgraded from? Has it been long since you did a factory reset? If I had those problems I'd first double check the wifi settings to make sure they are all ok then I'd try a factory reset and reconfiguration from scratch.

Also check out this thread https://www.snbforums.com/threads/5-ghz-connection-speeds-on-384-13.57918/