What's new

RT-AC87U Wireless config Page is not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abdalrahman Alkamel

New Around Here
Hi there,
has anyone had this issue before ?
when I navigate to the Wireless page in Asuswrt merlin 384.7_2 I get the page not functioning, I am not able to change the config at all, I disabled my 5G due to overheating before, now I cannot change anything else.
I am getting the following problems in the console of the page:
Capture.png

Last edited:
Try to clear browser cache or try different browser and see if that helps
Set 5Ghz channel between 36-48
Advanced/professional settings
Disable mu-mimo
Disable universal beam forming

Try to clear browser cache or try different browser and see if that helps
Set 5Ghz channel between 36-48
Advanced/professional settings
Disable mu-mimo
Disable universal beam forming
I tried already a different browser or clearing the cache, for the other 5Ghz config, I am not able to change anything in the configuration page.

Try to re run Quick Internet Setup to see if you can config or get it going that way..
or i would try to reinstall firmware/nvram reset or factory reset it

Try to re run Quick Internet Setup to see if you can config or get it going that way..
or i would try to reinstall firmware/nvram reset or factory reset it
As this is not the first time, I know that it will work after a full reset, Quick Internet Setup will not do it, but it will come again after the first setup.
Edit: this time I was not successful :(

Last edited:
This happened to my RT-AC87u - the Quantenna chip seemingly failed - i could not query it from the cli

Are you still in warranty?

Last resort....sometimes something seems to 'latch' up on the 87U. Disconnect the power, then cycle the power switch on/off about 10x slowly. Reapply power and hope.

Last resort....sometimes something seems to 'latch' up on the 87U. Disconnect the power, then cycle the power switch on/off about 10x slowly. Reapply power and hope.
nope, didn't succeed, even reverted to asus firmware the wireless page is dead.
I can use Wifi, but only 2.4Ghz I once turned of the 5Ghz and this was goodbye as I cannot turn it on again.

nope, didn't succeed, even reverted to asus firmware the wireless page is dead.
I can use Wifi, but only 2.4Ghz I once turned of the 5Ghz and this was goodbye as I cannot turn it on again.

Wonder if this is part of the RT-AC87U death syndrome... there was a run that had premature failures on the Quantenna side...

I would contact Asus Customer Care and be nice :)