What's new

RT-AC88 / Firmware 386.XX

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Calv

Occasional Visitor
Hello. I've done numerous attempt to upgrade from 384.18 to 386.XX for my AC88U.

It takes the firmware update but once I login to my router, web ui freezes and response time slows down drastically. Then all my lan/wifi connections remains dropped.

I have to revert it back to 384.18. Is there a known issue for this? (Apologies if this issue was posted before)

Been using merlin for past 3 years with no issues with monthly patches so far up until this year.

Update:
Just tried 386.1_0, fails there.

Last edited:
Hello. I've done numerous attempt to upgrade from 384.18 to 386.XX for my AC88U.

It takes the firmware update but once I login to my router, web ui freezes and response time slows down drastically. Then all my lan/wifi connections remains dropped.

I have to revert it back to 384.18. Is there a known issue for this? (Apologies if this issue was posted before)

Been using merlin for past 3 years with no issues with monthly patches so far up until this year.

Update:
Just tried 386.1_0, fails there.
Once 386.1_0 firmware installation is completed, give it few hours to upgrade internal database. Then it will start to respond properly onwards.

Once 386.1_0 firmware installation is completed, give it few hours to upgrade internal database. Then it will start to respond properly onwards.
Is it expected that I lose all my internet connection while this is being done? Both wired and wireless?

Last edited:
Upgrade, reset the router to factory defaults, re-configure again - no waiting.