What's new

RT-AC88U: 384.3 firmware - AiProtection - Time Scheduling no working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

danielk44

New Around Here
Hi, after upgraded to 384.3, when time is allow is still block. I have to uncheck the time scheduling of the device to allow surfing, stating "This device is blocked to access the internet at this time." Tested on different device same result. Previous firmware not issue. Thanks.

Hi, after upgraded to 384.3, when time is allow is still block. I have to uncheck the time scheduling of the device to allow surfing, stating "This device is blocked to access the internet at this time." Tested on different device same result. Previous firmware not issue. Thanks.

I am now experiencing the same issue....however my situation is slightly different. I have an RT-AC5300 running this firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_32738 ....all is well in my world and AIprotection time scheduling feature is working nicely.....then I created an AIMesh network.....I reset my RT-AC5300 as my main AIMesh router and added in 2 nodes RT-AC3100's ....once the AIMesh network was created I began to configure my router rules, opened a few ports for external webcam access, and configured AIProtection time schedules for my younger children, and then discovered that they were blocked when it clearly was an allowed time. My guess is that when a device is selected for time control the record is created at 100% block correctly.....but then subsequent attempts to update that record with allowed times are not making it to that record for some reason......as danielk44 said.....only removing the time control record will allow access, happening on a hardwired device and wireless device in my scenario......anyone else hitting this? We need a firmware fix I believe.

@wbarter Perhaps repost your symptoms/questions in the asuswrt-official area because there are so many differences between your situation and the OP. You are running Asus' firmware not Merlin's, Merlin's firmware does not support AiMesh, your hardware is different and there have been numerous firmware updates since March. There's more likelihood of someone from Asus seeing your post in that forum.