What's new

RT-AC88U & 4G-AC53U // dual WAN // VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

archie_n

New Around Here
Summary:
I'd like to access my LAN/the resources in my LAN via a VPN-connection with a mobile broadband connection.

Network properties:
RT-AC88U router with local IP 10.100.200.1 connected to a high speed network with private WAN IP 192.168.1.x and capability for dual WAN,
4G-AC53U mobile broadband router with dynamic public WAN IP. Router IP: 10.100.150.1

Question:
How can the network be set up to achieve that:
- all devices use the high speed network for "ordinary" traffic
- the mobile broadband connection is active (connected, not standby) and can be used for OpenVPN-connections

Additional info:
- I've tried:
- using the 4G-AC53U as "primary" router with the high speed network as primary WAN and the mobile as secondary and the RT-AC88U handling the LAN . However this results in DDNS not functioning.
- using the dual WAN functionality of the RT-AC88U (primary WAN = high speed, secondary WAN = 4G-AC53U) together with load balance in order to keep both WAN-connections active and direct traffic to the high speed port. Unforunatly this resultet in eiter the LAN-resources not being accessible via VPN or LAN resources using the mobile broadband of the 4G-AC53U instead of the high speed land.
Challenges:
- dual WAN configuration: the secondary WAN is standby only, unless "Load balance" is activated (which - among others - implies that AiProtection cannot be used)
- in a RT-AC88U dual WAN configuration with the 4G-AC53U supplying the secondary WAN, I can establish a VPN-connection with the mobile broadband router, but neither with the RT-AC88U VPN nor with RT-AC88U-LAN

Any ideas in order to get thing sorted?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!