What's new

RT-AC88U AiProtection blocking nest cams

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

southlake

Occasional Visitor
Greetings gents im seeking a little help here

I have RT-AC88U running 3.0.0.4.382 and 3 nest cams. everything has been totally fine until this morning. suddenly, Asus AiProtection, specifically "two way IPS", is blocking devices from inside the local network to connecting to nest and viewing the cams.

I'm not sure how to work around this issue without turning off Two-Way IPS completely.

in addition to the above i keep getting false alerts from the router saying
Event number : xx
Alert type : Vulnerability Protection
Source : (192.168.1.129)
Destination : Kevins-iPhone

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-10-19 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - Two-Way IPS.png
    Screenshot-2017-10-19 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - Two-Way IPS.png
    388.7 KB · Views: 734
Greetings gents im seeking a little help here

I have RT-AC88U running 3.0.0.4.382 and 3 nest cams. everything has been totally fine until this morning. suddenly, Asus AiProtection, specifically "two way IPS", is blocking devices from inside the local network to connecting to nest and viewing the cams.

I'm not sure how to work around this issue without turning off Two-Way IPS completely.

in addition to the above i keep getting false alerts from the router saying

I'm having the same issue. Have you found a solution other than turning Two-Way IPS off?

Not yet, i started a thread on Nest Reddit and have gotten another report of issue. I should prob reach out to Asus and Nest. In the meantime turning off Two Way IPS in router security has allowed the cameras to work again. Before i was just getting blue spinning wheel on the nest still image when i went to view the cam.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!