What's new

RT-AC88U constant issues with speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mike929

Occasional Visitor
I ready to dump my RT-AC88U. It is killing my internet speeds. I'm getting 1-4Mbps download. I am on Comcast 300MB download plan. I have to constantly reboot everything and change cables. If I can't get help I need to get something else. I purchased this 11/24/16 any options for return? Also what router out now should I get based on this model my needs should seem transparent. Looking for TOP tier routers.

Speed Results
DOWNLOAD SPEED
4.63 Mbps
UPLOAD SPEED
29.54 Mbps

When directly connected to Modem speed is fine. Running cat6 cable to modem and laptop.
Router is stock - Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_7743
Signature Version

Thanks in advance,
Mike

The 88 is a good router so what ever is going on is either hardware or configuration. Have you factory reset the router and started over by manually entering your settings ? Start with basic settings and test along the way.

I've done that once before. I have a lot of port forwarding for security cams, static IP address for devices. That is a pain to input all that info all over again. This keeps happening with this router. I bought because I that it was good or the best. I have 30+ devices on my network wired and wireless. QOS for gaming is enabled.

I understand trouble shooting can be time consuming and a pain in the butt. But sometimes needed. Did you try completely disabling QOS and test ? Knock off the other clients and only use one known good computer for testing.

I just changed the modem to router cable ( another cat6 cable ). I didn't reboot anything just changed the cable. 2nd time i've had to do this. The modem and router are less than 2ft apart.

xbox was getting 1.3 download. I had to reboot it/power off and now it's getting 250.55 down and 29.71 up.

If your cable modem is also a router combo make sure it is in bridge mode. I see this daily where people think they can just plug a router into a router/modem and expect it to work properly.

If your cable modem is also a router combo make sure it is in bridge mode. I see this daily where people think they can just plug a router into a router/modem and expect it to work properly.
I have a Arris 6190. I want to move to gig speed, that will require a new modem.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!