What's new

RT-AC88U nvram default config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Msada

New Around Here
Hi,guys.

My RT-AC88U router is bricked.
I can’t enter Rescue mode, no ping reply.
I connected to my router with serial cable and erased nvram.

Could you give me nvram default settings of RT-AC88U?

Thanks in advance.

The default nvram settings are created by the CFE when the router boots up for the first time (or after an nvram erase). So provided you have a working CFE there's nothing you need to do.

Hi, ColinTaylor.

I appreciate your support.
It seemed like that I flashed incorrect firmware, my router enter tftp mode but doesn’t respond to ping.

Is there any thing should I do?

Sorry, I don't have any experience beyond the normal recovery procedure.

I assume that's what you've already tried? i.e. manually configuring your PC's network interface to 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0 and then booting the router in recovery mode. If it goes into recovery mode it should respond to pings with a TTL=100.

Yes, I’ve tried.
eh0 is set to 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 and my client is manually configured same segment address.
But, my router does not respond to ping.

Hi, guys.

I succeeded upload correct genuine firmware from ASUS utility.
My RT-AC88U router has just debricked from RT-AC87U’s firmware installed, but is not still stable.
2.4Ghz Wifi and lan ports are not working.
‘ioctl SIOCGETCROBORD failed’ error is shown on console via serial continually.
eh2 and vlan1 not detected.

I think some devices are not initialized.

make a factory reset with initialize and load firmware again, repeat both steps, sometimes they need more than one FW-upload.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!