What's new

RT-AC88U problem with printer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ioannisg

New Around Here
Hello. I am using latest Merlin firmware for my asus ac88u. I am having this strange problem with all my network printers. I have one printer connected with cable and one wireless. Both of them after some time which are idle and goes to sleep when I give a print from computers I get "Unable to connect to printer".

When I tried to ping the printer I get "host is down".
It seems that Asus after printer sleep doesn't wake it up. It loses the ip. I have tried to set to both printers static ips. Same problem.

Can anyone help me please?

Did this issue just start with the latest version of Merlin? Yet, the printers worked with a prior version?

Please provide specific information about the printers and the devices your trying to print from.

What changed, just the version of Merlin?

Did this issue just start with the latest version of Merlin? Yet, the printers worked with a prior version?

Please provide specific information about the printers and the devices your trying to print from.

What changed, just the version of Merlin?
No. This started about six months now. I had then only one printer. Xerox work centre 6015 with lan cable. I had the problem described and I thought that it was from the printer. Now I bought one week ago the Lexmark b2338 which is new model with wireless connection. And I am having same problem again. That's why I checked in the router and I noticed that after printers sleep it don't get ip at all. If I restart the router or change something in the wireless settings inside the router then it works until it sleeps again.
Nothing else changed in router. These days I tried some things I have read in forums, about enable/disable upnp, change some things inside wireless pro settings but with our success.
Please notice that when this happens in the printer's panel I get that it is connected with the right ip.(which is static) But in the router it isn't available in the devices and you can't ping it.

I have never had this issue with my Epson and I may now know why. I use a fixed IP address on the printer.

I began reading several articles on the same issue for your Xerox printer and found that the fix was not to use DHCP addressing for the printer.

Choose unused IP addresses for each printer. You should not have to make any router configuration changes.

I have never had this issue with my Epson and I may now know why. I use a fixed IP address on the printer.

I began reading several articles on the same issue for your Xerox printer and found that the fix was not to use DHCP addressing for the printer.

Choose unused IP addresses for each printer. You should not have to make any router configuration changes.
DHCP is both of for both printers. I have set static ip through Asus interface. Do you suggest to insert static ips inside printers interface and reset Asus router?

Yes, configure static IP addresses in your printers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!