What's new

[RT-AC88U] Slow network speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JayTang

New Around Here
So recently I upgraded my internet to 1 Gbps. If I connect my PC directly, I can get 900+ Mbps for both upload and download. However once I connect behind AC88U running merlin 384.17, I can only get 700+ Mbps for download and 900+ Mbps for upload from my PC. All wires are Cat6.

I tried to factory reset the router and manually put back in all the settings. I did not help. spdMerlin only gives me ~460Mbps download and ~380Mbps upload.

Another problem is the wireless speed. Both my Galaxy Note 10+ and Surface Pro 6 can get ~300Mbps on 5G WiFi from my PC as iperf server. I put them just a couple feet away from the router so signal strength should not be a problem. I think I should get something around 600Mbps?

It's the first time I post here so please forgive me for breaking any posting rules. Any help is appreciated!