What's new

RT-AC88U slowing down 200 Mbps fiber connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ancorrea

New Around Here
Hi, I have a router asus rt 88u. The internet speed is 200mbs Optical fiber. When I connect the modem directly to PC via ethernet cable I get 200 mbs, but through the router only 100mbs. I made a reset from the GUI, and not from the physical button, and nothing changed. The router has the latest stockfirmware. The Wan status on the router says 1 Gpbs. The mac computer is the lastes model.
On the other hand, I can only mesure the internet speed wirelessly. With a good ethernet cable (cat 6a) on all 8 lan ports, it says "the cable is not connected.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Andrés

@ancorrea
Hi, I have a router asus rt 88u. The internet speed is 200mbs Optical fiber. When I connect the modem directly to PC via ethernet cable I get 200 mbs, but through the router only 100mbs. I made a reset from the GUI, and not from the physical button, and nothing changed. The router has the latest stockfirmware. The Wan status on the router says 1 Gpbs. The mac computer is the lastes model.
On the other hand, I can only mesure the internet speed wirelessly. With a good ethernet cable (cat 6a) on all 8 lan ports, it says "the cable is not connected.
Andrés
Hi, I have a router asus rt 88u. I have Optic fiber 200mbs. When I connect the modem directly to PC I get 200 mbs, but through the router only 100mbs. I made a reset from the GUI not from the physical button and nothing happened. The router has the latest stockfirmware.
Andrés
  • What kind of modem is the RT-88U connected to?
  • When you connect the RT-88U to the modem, how does the PC connect? WiFi or Ethernet to RT-88U?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
-The router rt 88u is connected to an ONT Alcatel Lucent I-240W-A via PPoE. It is in bridge mode.
- I connect the RT-88U to the ONT wirelessly, because When connected wired it says the ethernet cable is disconnected, even though is a new one Cat6. I tried on all 8 Lan port without success. Also Unplug, plug it and it says is disconneted
I tried, also, other cables without success.

Thanks a lot,
Andrés

you won't get more than 100Mbit if you connect wirelessly on 2.4Ghz.

for wired, it needs to be connected by the Wan port, dhcp must be provided by one or the other, not both devices.

you won't get more than 100Mbit if you connect wirelessly on 2.4Ghz.

for wired, it needs to be connected by the Wan port, dhcp must be provided by one or the other, not both devices.
In many places you will be lucky to get half that on 2.4GHz.

BTW, thank you for your correct use of M for "Mega." It is much easier to follow technical discussions whe correct units are used.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!