What's new

RT-AC88U Smart Connect Rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ToonTonic

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Just pondering if anyone has any input on these rules. Notice in my house that everyone always connects to the 2.4ghz band even though they all have access to 5ghz.

I know the simple way is too forget the 2.4ghz band, but some parts of the house the 5ghz band isnt all that strong so 2.4ghz is required.

Is this section the right place to help ensure devices connect to 5ghz when signal is at its strongest?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
f76919cf901024de91ce6a73b5558419.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the usual recommendation for Smart Connect is to turn it off and not use it. It just doesn’t work well. A real bummer.

I have no problems with smart connect. Works great. Its nice having only one SSID. If you are wondering what additional settings I use...I don't its all default on that page.

I'm using it with some success, but I'm having issues with my old 2.4ghz Chromecast devices. They keep getting kicked off the network and I am wondering if the default settings are trying to kick them to 5ghz even though they are not capable.

I also tried adding an RT-AC66U in repeater mode but that went downhill fast.