What's new

Rt ac88u wifi dead?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chetansha

Occasional Visitor
Wifi radio is enabled , but does not work. Control channel shows 0 or auto. (Both 2.4 and 5ghz).
I have reset the router, tried asus stock firmware, and merlin too. Same issue in both the firmware.

Attachments

• image_2023-03-11_180018233.png
    image_2023-03-11_180018233.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 88u_1.JPG
    88u_1.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 68
Had the same thing happen to a Netgear R7800. It's dead toss it and get something better.

Having both radios die at the same time would be surprising. Try a complete power reset of your router - unplug the power while the switch is still on. Wait 5 seconds, turn it off, plug it back, turn it back on.

Having both radios die at the same time would be surprising. Try a complete power reset of your router - unplug the power while the switch is still on. Wait 5 seconds, turn it off, plug it back, turn it back on.
hi R. Sadly that did not work either. I got this from a friend who said " router does not work" i got it with just power light going on and nothing else happening. Then I reset and got to cfe mini web page, used asus firmware restoration tool and installed stock asus FW. In that too could not see the wifi, then i installed Merlin 386.9 . still no go.
In the Site Survey Tab in wireless setting shows this. the 2.4 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band! 5 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band!

i still believe it is something else. i see mac ID for the 2.4 ghz. wireless webpage is broken.

Attachments

• image_2023-03-12_134852225.png
    image_2023-03-12_134852225.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 88u1.JPG
    88u1.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 67
If even after a reset the wifi don't work, then it`s definitely defective.

If the models listed here has a BCM4366 WiFi-module, it is not that uncommon that these chips just die.....

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!