What's new

RT-ACRH18 WAN port VLAN tagging?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iTheMask

New Around Here
I have FTTH from my ISP supplied through custom ONT device and I am trying to replace the router. I bought a new 3rd party ONT device which connect to my ISP Fiber cable and allows me to connect with ethernet bridge mode (I've already connected it to my Windows machine and did the setup with PPPoE to verify the internet connectivity). Then, I bought the AC1750 (RT-ACRH18) to be my main router by connecting the WAN to the ONT device through ethernet, and then did the PPPoE setup on the router side; However, I couldn't connect since my ISP requires the WAN traffic to be VLAN tagged, and no such setting on the new router.

I've already reached to ASUS support and their agent informed me this model doesn't have such settings. Is there any alternative solution which doesn't involve buying a new router? I thought about installing custom firmware like OpenWRT or DD-WRT but apparently both don't support the model I have

You could use a managed switch to tag packets between the ONT and the router, but considering the cost of such a switch, it might be better to instead buy a router that has VLAN support.

Aren't there any possible way to change the eth interface through SSH to be in specific VLAN?
Maybe, if you can find documentation on the particular switch used by your router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!