What's new

RT-AX3000 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jplw

Regular Contributor
I uploaded the RT-AX58U_388.1_0 firmware to my RT-AX3000. It uploaded, thwn the router rebooted, but the firmware did not change. Is that because my router is V2, but with Hardware Version A1? If so, will it be supported in the future?

I actually just bought one for a family member not realizing that it was a v2, and I am completely bummed out that I can't load the Merlin Firmware - it's the only reason that I bought it.

Here's hoping that it will be supported in the future!

V2 has slightly better hardware. Your family member may not need Asuswrt-Merlin. Asuswrt 388 code base is coming with almost all Asuswrt-Merlin features. What's missing is custom scripts and advanced VPN configurations. Simple selective routing is available in the new Asuswrt via VPN Fusion.

V2 has slightly better hardware. Your family member may not need Asuswrt-Merlin. Asuswrt 388 code base is coming with almost all Asuswrt-Merlin features. What's missing is custom scripts and advanced VPN configurations. Simple selective routing is available in the new Asuswrt via VPN Fusion.
Yea, I explored the Web UI a bit and noticed some of the same features that are included in my v1 AX58U running Merlin. That's nice and all, but I defintely wanted the ability to use AMTM to run scMerlin, AdGuard Home, and Skynet.

I did some searching on this forum regarding the potentiality of RMerlin making Merlin available to v2 devices, but I couldn't find anything definitive.

Does anyone know if this in the works, or is even being planned to be in the works?

Nothing planned. It will come if it comes.

Don't listen too closely to users who don't use Asus routers at all. Let alone know the benefits of amtm + scripts either.

Nothing planned. It will come if it comes.
Thats a real shame. I spent an hour or so looking around the web for the v1 device, but unfortunately they are all v2 now.

If someone is looking to create a specific firmware version for this device, I'd be a willing test participant.

Don't listen too closely to users who don't use Asus routers at all. Let alone know the benefits of amtm + scripts either.
I assure you I won't - I know the benefits of the Merlin firmware and all of it's wonders, and it's unlikely I'll ever go back to another brand of router either. I've pushed my AX58U v1 pretty hard over the last two years, and it's taken the beating pretty damn well.

If this relative of yours doesn’t know how to deal with all the wonders you automatically accept the support position of a device as reliable as the USB stick plugged into it. When the router is at remote location the things are a bit different.