What's new

RT-AX3000 will not take 386 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrboonmee

Occasional Visitor
I have a fairly new RT-AX3000 running 384 firmware, I tried manually uploading the 386 firmware for AX3000 and just get and error that the firmware in not correct.

using the GUI update, it does say there is an update, and just keeps installing 384.

I did a reset from the GUI and I get prompt to install new firmware, still puts 384

Thanks for any ideas

ax3000.jpg

Last edited:
Download the latest version of the firmware to your computer. Extract and verify it is not corrupt.

Disconnect all USB devices and all Ethernet cables from the router. Power cycle it (pull the power plug, wait at least 2 minutes, leaving the power button in the 'on' position, then power it back on. Log in to the router and try to flash it with the downloaded file you verified above.

If that still doesn't work, use the following link to fully reset the router via the WPS button method appropriate for your model.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you, the file didn't have the .w extension, worked with the new download! The Asus files do not have the file to check that Merlin adds.

Thank you, the file didn't have the .w extension, worked with the new download! The Asus files do not have the file to check that Merlin adds.
The listing of the firmware on the Asus download site should have the md5 checksum of the firmware in the firmware version description.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!