What's new

RT-AX56U lose connections 2.4 an 5GHz on mobile

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ulrik

New Around Here
Hello

Hope to get some help here and that I cant explain it properly.

I have 2 RT-AX56U routers. One as a wireless and one as a node.
The problem I am going to describe, first occured when I got router nr 2 and set it up as a node.

The problem is when I walk around the house, my phone (galaxy s21 ultra) loses the wireless connection. It is with both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
So when I lose 2.4 GHz connection, I can switch to 5 GHz and it will work again. Same other way around.
It happens even on a great connection.

Hello

Hope to get some help here and that I cant explain it properly.

I have 2 RT-AX56U routers. One as a wireless and one as a node.
The problem I am going to describe, first occured when I got router nr 2 and set it up as a node.

The problem is when I walk around the house, my phone (galaxy s21 ultra) loses the wireless connection. It is with both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
So when I lose 2.4 GHz connection, I can switch to 5 GHz and it will work again. Same other way around.
It happens even on a great connection.

Perhaps my install notes will highlight some due considerations... or not... all I have time for at the moment.

When working properly, your client should decide to roam its connection from one node to the next as you move about.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!