What's new

RT-AX58U and Google Speakers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheGodOdino

New Around Here
Hello everybody,

I am asking you for help again as I cannot solve a problem and I am going crazy.
When I bought and installed my new RT-AX58U everything worked well or badly then "stupidly" I wanted to play with the wireless settings to increase the power / optimize the signals without making a backup first and and now nothing worked anymore.

Now i did a factory reset and starting from the beginning i created my network again.
At home I have 3 Googe Home Mini Speakers and 1 Google Touch speakers that sometimes through Spotify or other apps I use to hear the music both individually for each room and sometimes all together.

With the new settings I can see all the devices but if I choose the "All speakers" group it only connects to one and does not stream to all as it did before.

Any ideas? Here below my actual settings

Thanks

Attachments

• General 2.4.JPG
    General 2.4.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 105
  • General 5.JPG
    General 5.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Professional 2.4.JPG
    Professional 2.4.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Professional 5.JPG
    Professional 5.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 99
Hello everybody,

I am asking you for help again as I cannot solve a problem and I am going crazy.
When I bought and installed my new RT-AX58U everything worked well or badly then "stupidly" I wanted to play with the wireless settings to increase the power / optimize the signals without making a backup first and and now nothing worked anymore.

Now i did a factory reset and starting from the beginning i created my network again.
At home I have 3 Googe Home Mini Speakers and 1 Google Touch speakers that sometimes through Spotify or other apps I use to hear the music both individually for each room and sometimes all together.

With the new settings I can see all the devices but if I choose the "All speakers" group it only connects to one and does not stream to all as it did before.

Any ideas? Here below my actual settings

Thanks

My 'I don't know' approch is to assume they should just work with the router default settings (yours look ok), and troubleshoot the speakers. Are they all on the same WLAN? Did you cycle their power? Should they be setup again in Google's app?

OE

UPDATE
Not finding a solution I did a factory reset and cleared all settings starting over.

the problem is that even with a newly created network I can't see my Google Home speakers from Spotify or other apps.

Opening the Google Home App and entering the settings of any of the speakers gives me a message like "Some settings are only available when your mobile device and this XXXX device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network".
The strange thing is that the speaker in question and my phone are connected to the same SSID ....

Have you tried factory resetting all your google speakers and adding them back to the home app one by one ?

yup already tried first to disconnect all from the power, disconnect the router, 10 seconds, re-connect the router and re-connect the speakers but nothing.
Same doing the factory reset of the speaker and add them again in the app

Hi everyone,
Issue update:
After resetting the router for the umpteenth time and starting over, I realized that just after configuring the basic parameters I saw all my speakers on the network and it didn't give me any problems.
After configuring the DHCP server by restricting the pool of assignable addresses from 100 to 200 and setting the fixed IPs for many of my devices including the speakers, these disappeared from the network and I no longer saw them in order to transmit the audio.
It seems as if by setting the fixed IP address it is moved to another network ...