What's new

RT-AX58U Auto Reboots (Next steps?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheDaveAbides

Occasional Visitor
Continuing this discussion over here, since Merlin doesn't seem to be the problem.

After successfully reverting to stock firmware, the random reboots problem continues. It even seems accelerated today. The logs really don't show much. At this point, I'm not sure which steps to take to see if this is fixable, or just a failing router. When I reverted the firmware to stock, I did not clear any RAM(how to?) or do a factory reset or set it back up manually. Would those be those be the next steps?

The only common error I see frequently is:
Code:
Dec 19 08:51:52 kernel:  *** ERROR: [send_redir_page:625] # redir_url=http://192.168.50.1:80/blocking.asp?cat_id=89&mac=440049AB49AA&domain=dl5uregf9vzbl.cloudfront.net
Dec 19 08:51:52 kernel:  *** ERROR: [send_redir_page:625] # redir_url=http://192.168.50.1:80/blocking.asp?cat_id=89&mac=440049AB49AA&domain=dl5uregf9vzbl.cloudfront.net

I don't know if that is related, it just sticks out.

Here's a log with a reboot on Dec 19 8:45a

Here's another with a reboot on Dec 20 at 7:28a (among others)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think it was the AiProtection. However, that lead me to think about other services like Parental Control. And I couldn't believe I missed the fact that there's a MAC address in that string of repeating errors, which lead me to my daughter's kindle tablet. I don't think I really need those controls anyways, they're pretty locked down in a Kid mode. Since disabling Parental Control, no more errors or reboots [knocks on wood].

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!