What's new

Release RT-AX58U/AX3000 firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22525 (16/2/2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated (from the January release, 22237, and I did a factory reset on that one since it had been quite a long time.). No reset on this one. I don't notice any differences yet, but was not having any issues with 22237.

(Simple setup- no AIMesh, no AIprotection.)

Upgraded a few hours ago from 22237 to 22525 and everything works.

As ericthefish i too had no problems with 22237 and no problems with 22525 (yet).

I use a lot of features (AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analysis, UPnP media server, Samba fileshare, WiFi MAC filter, WiFi AX/MIMO, DNS over TLS strict, OpenVPN server). The only features i don't use is AiMesh, Parental controls, AiCloud, Alexa&IFTTT and IPv6.

Updated to 22525 on my AX58 yesterday, but now seeing this kernel message printed every 5 minutes. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on the AX58/AX3000? I see one other thread about it in the AX6000 thread for 22525, but nothing else.

kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'

Not too worried about it, but it is definitely filling my log. Could change to log level 4, but then I will miss other things I want to see. Any advice?

Updated to 22525 on my AX58 yesterday, but now seeing this kernel message printed every 5 minutes. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on the AX58/AX3000? I see one other thread about it in the AX6000 thread for 22525, but nothing else.

Not too worried about it, but it is definitely filling my log. Could change to log level 4, but then I will miss other things I want to see. Any advice?

I'm using the same firmware version, although on a different router, and went to log_level=4. Working great, still getting some messages, but the log is much quieter. Okay by me so far *smile*. A lot of the messages were basically noise. If there are problems, I can always change the log_level back to 5 (or 6, for debug messages).

I am getting the same message, and after 2 days, everything stopped working. All wifi passwords rejected. Reboot restored wifi, but am still getting that message, I will revert to previous firmware, which was great. 22525 is clearly not ready for primetime.
Also, the feedback function hung trying to send feedback.

I am getting the same message, and after 2 days, everything stopped working. All wifi passwords rejected. Reboot restored wifi, but am still getting that message, I will revert to previous firmware, which was great. 22525 is clearly not ready for primetime.
Also, the feedback function hung trying to send feedback.

I saw this on Reddit: Flakey wifi on TUF-AX3000v2 after 3.0.0.4.388_22525 firmware : ASUS (reddit.com)

3.0.0.4.388.22525 seems good in all (most?) routers except this one.

Mine was my main router, It was so hosed it could not send feedback nor upload previous firmware. I hsd to factory reset, reload old firmware, and reconfigure from scratch.

Just for fun i tried Smart Connect and it actually worked really well with the default ruleset (2.4->5 if rssi > -62dBm, 5->2.4 if rssi < -82dBm).

All devices (tablet, appletv, mobiles, laptops) roamed between the bands as intended and expected, except my own laptop with a killer ac 1550 wifi network adapter.

When my laptop with the killer ac 1550 moved to the 2.4GHz band it went from 801.11ac to 802.11n and never moved up to the 5GHz whatever ruleset i used, while the rest of the devices stayed at 802.11ac at 2.4GHz band and roamed up to 5GHz when the rssi was above -62dBm.

So i disabled smart connect due to the wonky killer ac 1550 network adapter.

I am testing the wireguard vpn-server on my ax58u with the windows wireguard client 0.53 and everything works fine and fast :D

But i have one problem, i cant get access to the router when the wireguard tunnel is active, does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Hi,

I updated AX58U V2 to 3.0.0.4.388_22525 a couple of weeks back and am having issues with the 2.4Ghz SSID.
I connect all my smart device to this SSID, and recently it's been dropping the connections eg. smartcam shows as offline as it doesn't have internet access.

I looked at the available SSIDs and I can see it, but when I connect to the 2.4Ghz SSID, the signal shows like this:
image0.jpg

That is directly next to the router.
There is no issue on the 5Ghz SSID, only the 2.4Ghz one.

I then checked the connected devices on that SSID through the admin web portal, and I can still see them as connected (smartcam, lights, water heater etc.)
But the devices doesn't seem to be able to get internet access.

I need to restart the router and it will be back to normal, but then after a few hours it will happen again.

1680744341784-png.49078

Indicator shows nothing abnormal.

Here is the wireless log for the 2.4Ghz SSID:
1680744494540-png.49080

Anyone having issues like this and have a solution?

If I download an older firmware and do the 'update' via the admin web portal will it accept if it's an older firmware?
Is this a hardware issue?

Thanks!

Hi,

I updated AX58U V2 to 3.0.0.4.388_22525 a couple of weeks back and am having issues with the 2.4Ghz SSID.
I connect all my smart device to this SSID, and recently it's been dropping the connections eg. smartcam shows as offline as it doesn't have internet access.

I looked at the available SSIDs and I can see it, but when I connect to the 2.4Ghz SSID, the signal shows like this:
image0.jpg

That is directly next to the router.
There is no issue on the 5Ghz SSID, only the 2.4Ghz one.

I then checked the connected devices on that SSID through the admin web portal, and I can still see them as connected (smartcam, lights, water heater etc.)
But the devices doesn't seem to be able to get internet access.

I need to restart the router and it will be back to normal, but then after a few hours it will happen again.

1680744341784-png.49078

Indicator shows nothing abnormal.

Here is the wireless log for the 2.4Ghz SSID:
1680744494540-png.49080

Anyone having issues like this and have a solution?

If I download an older firmware and do the 'update' via the admin web portal will it accept if it's an older firmware?
Is this a hardware issue?

Thanks!
Hey,

I have very similar issues with the 3.0.0.4.388_2252 firmware only with the 5Mhz band and not the 2.4Mhz. All connections on the 5Mhz SSID drop a couple of times a day and the SSID disappears for about 5 minutes. Send feedback to Asus but have heard nothing back so far. Had to revert to the previous firmware to keep stable...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!