What's new

RT-AX58U stop working after updating

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alexpkeeten

New Around Here
Just purchase the RT-AX58U from BestBuy and set it up within 5 minutes. It had the stock firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 and all wireless devices worked fine. Seen inside of the ASUS app was an update Version 3.0.0.4.386.4209 and proceeded with update. Everything seem fine then within 5 minutes wireless devices got disconnected including IoT devices. Try a reboot a few times and factory reset but router would not remain stable. Then I downgraded back to original firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 that came with router before being updated and it was as if the firmware had no effect. The router continued to drop connection every 10 minutes and three of my wireless devices refused to connect. The router became completely unusable. Speeds that reached 230 MBPS were now only 90 and even lower at all times. Connected my old AC1750 NightHawk and all devices and network was stable again. Did not give up this router though, went to BestBuy and brought it again. Setup new replacement router with firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 already pre install and router work with no problem ??? What happened here ? Why did router that stop working of the same model with same firmware not work? After update and downgrade to original firmware that was pre installed ??? Being that I now have two RT-AX58U routers, I was able to come to the conclusion that if you do not update router from out the box with firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 it will work perfectly fine with no issues or drops. Once you update this router it will become unstable and not work properly. Even if you downgrade to pre installed firmware after update it still won’t work, I even installed Merlin Firmware latest version not beta and it had no effect ? The pre installed firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 that ASUS installed has to be different from there firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601 on the website because new router with same firmware works fine. I will not update the new RT-AX58U I just brought and will keep it with factory firmware V3.0.0.4.384.8601. Any thoughts or recommendations would be highly appreciated, Thank you .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!