What's new

RT-AX58U Traffic Analyzer not showing data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Outmost6552

New Around Here
I have an RT-AX58U running Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7_2 and the Traffic Analyzer is not working. I have an issue where every day the internet will go down for several devices and I have to reboot, for instance my Google Home's will all say they're disconnected and so with the smart lights, when I pull the Asus app up on my phone it will only show 1 device connected - my phone, but wired connections still seem to work. I wanted to enable Traffic Analyzer to watch and see what might be happening. Here are some custom things I have set up, and some more info:

• Traffic history location to custom USB plugged in to router
  • Daily reboot scheduled at 2am
  • Pi-Hole handling all DNS queries via ethernet
  • Adaptive QoS Off, as well as Apps Analysis
  • 21 clients total, 5 wired through a dumb switch, 6 on 5GHz, the rest on 2.4GHz
  • No guest network
  • UPnP Disabled
  • Port Forwarding Enabled for one device, which is necessary.
I had searched the forums and found references to disabling CTF but I can't seem to find that on my router. Any help is appreciated.

• Traffic history location to custom USB plugged in to router
This option is for the Traffic Monitor data, not the Traffic Analyzer. Don't confuse them as they are entirely separate things.

I had searched the forums and found references to disabling CTF but I can't seem to find that on my router. Any help is appreciated.
CTF is not used in the AX class routers.

This option is for the Traffic Monitor data, not the Traffic Analyzer. Don't confuse them as they are entirely separate things.

CTF is not used in the AX class routers.
OK, I didn't realize that was for the monitor data, but that is still good information I want to keep so perfect.

I suspected that CTF wasn't used in this one, I appreciate the confirmation.

I was worried initially that it was something being blocked by my PiHole but I don't see any blocked queries in my logs that relate to the router, everything coming from it is expected (mostly from the Ikea smart gateway also plugged in to an Ethernet port)

The 388 firmware in beta right now has fixed lots of little issues I had with my AX58U in the last several 386 versions. I didn't see many others complaining about similar issues except one with Adaptive QOS so I didn't post about it. But all of that seems to be fixed now, maybe it will help yours also. When final gets release (this weekend?) I'm going to do a full reset and start fresh again.

The 388 firmware in beta right now has fixed lots of little issues I had with my AX58U in the last several 386 versions. I didn't see many others complaining about similar issues except one with Adaptive QOS so I didn't post about it. But all of that seems to be fixed now, maybe it will help yours also. When final gets release (this weekend?) I'm going to do a full reset and start fresh again.
Thank you. I just upgraded, I will check it in a couple hours and see if it records anything.

Still no data after running for three days solid. Maybe it has to do with my PiHole, but I don't see any traffic there coming from my router so I don't know.

I haven't had to reboot it since upgrading, so that's nice, so I guess I will just leave it alone.

Assuming you have Traffic Analyzer statistics turned on with the toggle at the top of the page, it requires the Trend Micro services to be active. Did you withdraw permission under Administration/Privacy?

Also if it's on, try turning it off, then clicking the trash can icon just above the chart to clear existing data, then turn Analyzer back on.

Just quick ideas, i'm not an expert.

This is to confirm, I was able to hit on the Delete/trash icon on the Traffic Analyzer and toggled OFF/ON and everything started working (analyzing) again. Working meant it starts showing the analysis of devices download/data usage.