RT-AX58U / TUF Gaming AX3000

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

pinkfloyd1173

I was wondering if I could use the TUF gaming AX3000 FW on my RT-AX58U, since they are the same router?

Thanks in advance.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
They share the exact same firmware for those two models.

If there are any differences, the firmware must be picking up the specific model to enable them or not.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Don`t. The TUF-AX3000 is not the same thing as the RT-AX3000 (which is the one identical to the RT-AX58U).

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Listen to what RMerlin stated. :)

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
RMerlin, I didn't realize that there were three models!

There is indeed a small (0.62MB) difference in the firmware sizes. Even if they all have the same version number and changelogs.

RT-AX3000 and RT-AX58U should share the same firmware, they're like RT-AC68U and RT-AC1900P.

TUF-AX3000 is a different SKU only available in China (and maybe other Asian markets). It runs a different firmware, and I suspect there might be other differences in hardware and/or bootloader since the firmware is built from a separate build profile than the RT-AX58U.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!