What's new

RT-AX58U WiFi but no Ethernet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brobin

Occasional Visitor
I'm posting this in hopes it helps someone down the line...

I recently installed an RT-AX58U running 3.0.0.4.386_49674-ge182230 to replace my aging RT-AC1750B1 as the primary router for my AiMesh network which consisted of a second AC1750 and two RP-AC55 nodes. After the installation and f/w updates I found that WiFi worked fine from the AX58U primary but not from the AC55 and AC1750 nodes. Ethernet from the AX58U was not working either even though all my devices showed up in the client list. This had me baffled. The nodes were using Ethernet backhaul so that explained why they didn't work but I have never experienced a 'no Ethernet' problem. ASUS Customer Service was of no use in finding the problem.

Ultimately, my solution was to start over by doing a factory reset of the AX58U and replacing the AC1750B1 with another RP-AC55. I reset the three AC55 nodes and added them back and everything has been fine since.
When I did the initial AiMesh setup I had a hard time getting the AC1750B1 to be recognized and it took close to an hour for the setup process once it started. This led me to believe that maybe there was an incompatibility with the older router which apparently is the case.

Hope this saves someone some time!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!