What's new

RT-AX68u and WPS Hard Reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

figorr

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I am the owner of a brand new RT-AX68u, following the good comments from the forum and @L&LD.

The idea is to extend the Aimesh network to a new area, but I heard there was an issue with the new Asuswrt-Merlin and the hard factory reset through the WPS method.

This issue was reported using an alpha firmware, but is it still present in the final release 386.4? Or it has been solved?

I believe it has been resolved.

What are the two routers that will be in AiMesh?

The main router is a RT-AX88u and then I have two more nodes. One node is a RT-AX58u and another node is a RT-AX88u.

Both nodes are wireless connected to the RT-AX88u main router.

This new RT-AX68u probably will took the connection from the RT-AX58u. Or I can replace the position of the nodes in order to connect the RT-AX68u to the main router and then the RT-AX58 to the RT-AX68u.

What problem exactly was this?
It was reported that after installing the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware … the WPS reset method was not working (at least during the alpha test). But downgrading again to the ASUS Stock firmware allows you to make the hard factory reset.

My concern is just in case it was not possible to access the WebUi to upload the stock firmware again.

It was reported that after installing the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware … the WPS reset method was not working (at least during the alpha test). But downgrading again to the ASUS Stock firmware allows you to make the hard factory reset.

My concern is just in case it was not possible to access the WebUi to upload the stock firmware again.
I believe the issue was with the AX86U and not the AX68U. And I was one of the reporters. However, I have not had a repeat of the problem. The GUI factory reset and the reset button method work as well as the Hard Factory Reset. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/

I believe the issue was with the AX86U and not the AX68U. And I was one of the reporters. However, I have not had a repeat of the problem. The GUI factory reset and the reset button method work as well as the Hard Factory Reset. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/
Ok thanks.

I just added the device to the Aimesh and everything went fine and smoothly.

I am going to wait for a couple of hours for the device to settle and then I will try to upgrade to the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware.

Ok thanks.

I just added the device to the Aimesh and everything went fine and smoothly.

I am going to wait for a couple of hours for the device to settle and then I will try to upgrade to the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware.
There is no real advantage for a node to run Merlin. Asus firmware is just fine.
With that said, I have upgraded a node from Asus to Merlin and did not do a reset afterwards. It worked fine for the test duration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!