What's new

Release RT-AX82U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22158

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wbennett77

Regular Contributor
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22158 94.8 MB
If you want to upload the firmware file manually, please check your RT-AX82U firmware version is greater or equal to 3.0.0.4.386.50289. If not, please manual upgrade your RT-AX82U to 3.0.0.4.386.50289 first.

Instead of manual upgrade the firmware, we suggest you to upgrade the firmware through live update function by clicking the check firmware version in the ASUS router app--> Settings --> firmware upgrade.
Or click the check button in web GUI --> Administration --> Firmware upgrade.

Release notes:
Try more on ASUSWRT 2022 with new features at https://asus.click/ASUSWRT2022
1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.
8. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
9. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
10. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
11. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 862d8ddace51e4c2ff48ce4feb3ea598

Download Here

I tried installing this on my AX82U, which has the RT-AX82U - 388.1_0-gnuton0_beta2 running on it, and the upgrade failed twice. There were no warning or error messages, the router went to %100 percent and rebooted but there was no change in firmware.

Safely remove all USB devices from the router. Remove all Ethernet cables too.

Log in to the router and reboot the system. Be sure to check after the reboot that it really did a reboot (see uptime).

Flash the new firmware.

When the new firmware is verified/installed, connect all removed devices/cables. Reboot the system once more.

Remove all Ethernet cables too.

Flash the new firmware.

When the new firmware is verified/installed, connect all removed devices/cables. Reboot the system once more.
Flash over wifi?

Also this?

ASUS RT-AX82U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.50289
Version 3.0.0.4.386.50289 54.75 MB
The version is a middle firmware for upgrading from 3.0.0.4.386.49674 (or a lower version) to 3.0.0.4.388.2xxxx.
We suggested updating the firmware by clicking the check firmware in the ASUS router app or web GUI, and you don't need to update the firmware to this version manually.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 5c4a459a40d17b02ff31421298db0d5a
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Is it possible that I need to "downgrade" to 3.0.0.4.386.50289 first even though I am already on 388?

Yes, flash over WiFi has proven itself safe for Asus routers. (They upload the new firmware, do the checks on it, then proceed with the flash).

Did the manual downgrade and automatic upgrade and all is good. Just curious as to why the first step, going back to 386 from Gnuton 388 firmware, was required.

Happy Holidays!

Did the manual downgrade and automatic upgrade and all is good. Just curious as to why the first step, going back to 386 from Gnuton 388 firmware, was required.

Happy Holidays!
Asus has had some prerequisite firmware requirements for upgrades in the past for various routers — this is nothing new.

I'm curious, since this router is similar to the TUF AX5400. With the new 388 firmware, do you also see the 1-2% used memory increases per day? Or is memory usage steady? I know up times right now are (tops) one week, but is memory usage higher than 386 firmware? Thanks for the info!

I have 2 Ax82u in aimesh, since I upgraded it to 3.88 aimesh is diconnecting it works for exxample 1 minute and 5 minutes aimesh is diconnected. Is it fault of new firmware or it is something wrong with my routers?

Made an account to just revive this old thread to say thank you. This worked, I downgraded my ASUS RT-AX82U (AX5400) to the version stated above. Then proceeded to upgrade via Wi-Fi as I disconnected my cables as instructed above. After those steps, I saved my settings and restored to factory to restore everything at the end.

I was getting upset/worried, as I've been on a custom FW merlin fork for some time now. I Couldn't update nor even reboot my router via the Web UI / mobile app… I had some spare time today to tackle my router issues to find this thread which helped immensely so thank you again!

Welcome to the forums @Cpt.AnonyMou5.

That is kind of you to join just to say thanks!

Glad that you found help in this little corner of the web. Hope you may someday offer your insight to others too.

any news about an new update?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 25