What's new

RT-AX86U | 388.1 | Slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toothmania

New Around Here
Not sure if it's a general issue, but after upgrading to 388.1, my router page is super slow and it either crashes after a minute or it just keeps refreshing, is anyone else having that issue?

Not sure if it's a general issue, but after upgrading to 388.1, my router page is super slow and it either crashes after a minute or it just keeps refreshing, is anyone else having that issue?

Did you factory reset and reconfigure from scratch (not from backup)?

When weirdness ensues, the first step before wasting too much time troubleshooting is to reset the installed firmware to its default settings and reconfigure the firmware from scratch.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)
Rescue Mode

OE

Reposting what I've written in other threads:

Here's what I did and solved my issues with my AX86U and 388.1:

1. Unmount USB
  2. Erase JFFS
  3. Hard reset
  4. Reconfigure everything from scratch
    1. WPA2 only
    2. No Smartconnect. Separate 2.4 and 5GHz SSID
    3. Fixed channel for both frequencies (do a scan to select the ones that have low interference form neighboring routers)
I've slowly incorporated other functions (openvpn server, changed DNS provider) add-ons and everything still works fine.

Hope that helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!