RT-AX86U Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_4 - can't find Stealth mode

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Louis Car

Occasional Visitor
As per title, just flashed firmware 386.2_4 on the router and have been looking for the place to turn the LEDs on or off.
According to one thing I found it should be in Tools > Other settings but there is nothing there that relates to Stealth mode.

Can anyone tell me where to find it ?

John Fitzgerald

As per title, just flashed firmware 386.2_4 on the router and have been looking for the place to turn the LEDs on or off.
According to one thing I found it should be in Tools > Other settings but there is nothing there that relates to Stealth mode.

Can anyone tell me where to find it ?

Administration --> System --> Basic Config

Lee MacMillan

Regular Contributor
Is there any functional reason to turn off the LEDs or is it just to hide the blinking lights, which I'm sure some find distracting.

John Fitzgerald

Louis Car

Occasional Visitor
Is there any functional reason to turn off the LEDs or is it just to hide the blinking lights, which I'm sure some find distracting.
Yes to me the lights are very bright, so it depends what environment you have the router and whether that matters or not.
My preference would be to dim them a bit but that's not possible so turning them off at night is an option