RT-AX86U firmware 386.3 beta 3 VPN does not work

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

AdamW

New Around Here
installed the latest firmware because I have such a symptom I can not connect to the VPN server on this router, i.e. when I connect from one computer is ok but if I want to connect from a second computer at the same time, I disconnect on the first one

torstein

Regular Contributor
Did VPN work fine on 386.2? If yes, try setting up the VPN from scratch, export the new config-file and set-up openvpn connect again.

KevTech

Very Senior Member
installed the latest firmware because I have such a symptom I can not connect to the VPN server on this router, i.e. when I connect from one computer is ok but if I want to connect from a second computer at the same time, I disconnect on the first one
Is that Merlin firmware?
If so there is a sub-forum for his firmware.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
If you use certificate-based authentication (instead of username-based), each certificate must have a unique Common Name.

octopus

Very Senior Member
You can add "duplicate-cn" to your config to allow more than one client using same cert.

octopus

Very Senior Member
if you can write exactly where to make such an entry, I just have to enter duplicate-cn
Write it in your custom configuration box in used client.