What's new

Release RT-AX86U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.9318 (10/23/2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy1932

Version 3.0.0.4.384.9318 2020/10/23 73.98 MBytes

ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.9318

- Improve system stability

Anyone try it yet or notice an issue? If I learned anything from Netgear routers is never trust the latest patch lol.

Seems fine for me so far - updated a day and a half ago.
Would be nice to have a bit more detail than "improves system stability" in the patch notes though.

Limited to 300 mpbs on new firmware. Flashed back to old firmware full speed. Flash forward same iss Limited to 300 mbps

How hard is it to flash back to old firmware? That frustrating.
Seems fine for me so far - updated a day and a half ago.
Would be nice to have a bit more detail than "improves system stability" in the patch notes though.

I agree, give us more info that improves stability. I bet if I chatted with support they wouldn't know what improvements were made.

I don't think qos is working in this update. On dslreports.com, I get huge bufferbloat (F rating) and the bandwidth monitor page doesn't seem to be registering anything. I went back to the previous version and all is well. A/A+ ratings on dslreports.com and bandwidth monitor page working as expected.

I am not limited to downloads with this release. My downloads are 600 mb

I don't think qos is working in this update. On dslreports.com, I get huge bufferbloat (F rating) and the bandwidth monitor page doesn't seem to be registering anything. I went back to the previous version and all is well. A/A+ ratings on dslreports.com and bandwidth monitor page working as expected.

+1 Bandwith monitor doesn't work

The aimesh 2.0 stuff sure seems great (working good here so far). I cant believe how screwed up my aimesh stuff was until I was able to look at it all. nodes connecting to a node 50' past the main router, clients refusing to connect to a router 5' from it and barely connecting to one 150' away...
Being able to bind all that seems to have made a huge difference in some clients.
Im using Merlins alpha3

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!