What's new

RT-AX86U/GT-AC5300 What is my ISP (cable network) blocking that I can't check Internet Speed from the router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muzykcb

Regular Contributor
What is my ISP (cable network) blocking that I can't check Internet Speed from the router? Error (Notice Failed to complete the Internet speed test. Please check your Internet status at Network Map for more information and try again later.)

I can only check it by going to https://www.speedtest.pl/

What is my ISP (cable network) blocking that I can't check Internet Speed from the router? Error (Notice Failed to complete the Internet speed test. Please check your Internet status at Network Map for more information and try again later.)

I can only check it by going to https://www.speedtest.pl/
What firmware are you using and what do you have set for DNS?

I'm using the software: Version 3.0.0.4.386.49599
DNS - I have automatically assigned by the ISP (Automatically get the DNS server IP address from your ISP.)
I have a permanent WAN IP address

I'm using the software: Version 3.0.0.4.386.49599
DNS - I have automatically assigned by the ISP (Automatically get the DNS server IP address from your ISP.)
I have a permanent WAN IP address
Try a manually assigned DNS. Something like Cloudflare or Quad9 and try the speedtest
If you have a static WAN IP address entered into the router go back to a DHCP assigned address and try the speedtest.
On the Internet Speed page on the router click on the globe in the upper right and manually select a speedtest server.

1) I manually assigned DNS from the provider (I don't know what to do with Cloudflare or Quad9

2) I have a static WAN IP address from the provider, which I would not do, how many times I would not restart I am always assigned the same WAN IP

3) That's what I've always done.

Unfortunately, nothing helps - the problem still occurs, moreover, the instant guard in the WAN network does not work (the phone does not connect), it only works in the LAN - maybe it has something to do.

It does not sound that you have a static IP address. A static address is entered into the client, in your case the router. In the router WAN area the configuration should look something like this:

WAN1.jpg

The WAN IP Setting should have entries for a public IP address with all three settings entered.
If your ISP is giving you a reserved IP address that your router is getting via DHCP the Basic Config will look like this:

WAN2.jpg

In either case you can manually select the DNS servers for your router. The WAN DNS Settings looks like:
WAN3.jpg

You can choose the desired DNS server by clicking on the Assign button. In my example I have manually entered Cloudflare Secure servers with an IP address of 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2. What yo use is your choice but I recommend a service that filters malware at a minimum.

As for InstantGuard not working you need to have a Public IP address, a working DDNS entry or a valid static IP address. To determine if you have a public IP address see: https://www.meridianoutpost.com/resources/articles/IP-classes.php

on which ports does "speedtest" + "instant guard" work?

I will ask the supplier if it is blocking these ports?

It does not sound that you have a static IP address. A static address is entered into the client, in your case the router. In the router WAN area the configuration should look something like this:

View attachment 43782
The WAN IP Setting should have entries for a public IP address with all three settings entered.
If your ISP is giving you a reserved IP address that your router is getting via DHCP the Basic Config will look like this:

View attachment 43783

In either case you can manually select the DNS servers for your router. The WAN DNS Settings looks like:View attachment 43784
You can choose the desired DNS server by clicking on the Assign button. In my example I have manually entered Cloudflare Secure servers with an IP address of 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2. What yo use is your choice but I recommend a service that filters malware at a minimum.

As for InstantGuard not working you need to have a Public IP address, a working DDNS entry or a valid static IP address. To determine if you have a public IP address see: https://www.meridianoutpost.com/resources/articles/IP-classes.php
I have a static address for sure, when I turn on static, I have the data filled

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!