What's new

RT-AX86U internet over Wifi is laggy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jwierzbo

New Around Here
After a year my internet through WiFi started lagging - websites are loading partially, videos are keeping loading.
As a fast fix (for few minutes/hours) disable and enable wifi on phone helps for a while.
As for a long time fix (many hours/couple of days) I need to reboot the router.

How to debug it? How to track the cause? I'm musing Merlin firmware.

BTW internet over ethernet works fine, even over wifi the speed is great during the tests.
The problem is that after some time the data are loading partially and then to load the rest I need to take one of the fix described above...

After a year my internet through WiFi started lagging - websites are loading partially, videos are keeping loading.
As a fast fix (for few minutes/hours) disable and enable wifi on phone helps for a while.
As for a long time fix (many hours/couple of days) I need to reboot the router.

How to debug it? How to track the cause? I'm musing Merlin firmware.

BTW internet over ethernet works fine, even over wifi the speed is great during the tests.
The problem is that after some time the data are loading partially and then to load the rest I need to take one of the fix described above...
First, have you upgraded the firmware recently? If not you should. Asus 388.22525 firmware works very well but it mat be best to upgrade then factory reset the router and manually reconfigure it. Also, uae the WIFI defaults with Dual Band Smart Connect and avoid using DFS channels. WPA2-Personal is your best bet but WOA2/WPA3-Personal will also work. Disable WPS.