What's new

RT-AX86U Login w/o Internet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smirnoff

New Around Here
Fellas/fellas. . . ...how do you "login" thru wifi when the internet is down (besides ethernet cable)?

With my "old RT-AC68U" it was not an issue - thanks in advance!

Fellas/fellas. . . ...how do you "login" thru wifi when the internet is down (besides ethernet cable)?

With my "old RT-AC68U" it was not an issue - thanks in advance!
I've had this problem occasionally. My problem was that when the internet went down on my router, the wireless connection on my computer automatically switched over to my nextdoor neighbor's xfinity wireless, making my wireless network on a different "network" than that of my router. My router configuration doesn't allow for remote administration.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Nothing should be different if the router has no WAN connection but the radios are still working.

And, as @Strych99 points out, you're actually connected to your router too. :)

http://router.asus.com or the router IP address, default 192.168.50.1
Yep, doesn't work to populate login router authentication screen, web browser error because internet is down?
Nothing should be different if the router has no WAN connection but the radios are still working.

And, as @Strych99 points out, you're actually connected to your router too. :)
Radios work, on the correct SSID, however, router.asus/com or 192.168.50.1 will not populate router authentication or login screen?

Yep, doesn't work to populate login router authentication screen, web browser error because internet is down?

Radios work, on the correct SSID, however, router.asus/com or 192.168.50.1 will not populate router authentication or login screen?
That is: router.asus.com

Should work even if the internet connection is down. And on any Asus router.

Maybe we should ask what firmware you are using?

Have you done a hard factory reset recently? If not maybe you should: Power off. Pressing the WPS button turn the power on. When the power LED flashes turn the power off then turn the power back on. Voila! A fresh router which you can configure manually.

That is: router.asus.com

Should work even if the internet connection is down. And on any Asus router.

Maybe we should ask what firmware you are using?

Have you done a hard factory reset recently? If not maybe you should: Power off. Pressing the WPS button turn the power on. When the power LED flashes turn the power off then turn the power back on. Voila! A fresh router which you can configure manually.
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_45934

Hard factory reset recently: Yes, several.

Asus web interface login page is just not available via wifi (radio/SSID is on) until internet service is restored?

That is not normal.

Are you using a saved config file after resetting?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!