What's new

RT-AX86U - Whatsapp Media Delay

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Majin17

New Around Here
Hello,
I have an RT-AX86U in bridge mode, installed the latest Merlin and Skynet, I'm having a problem with sending media files such as pictures and videos via Whatsapp.
There is a significant delay when sending and receiving, sometimes it takes 1min for files to be sent and sometimes not at all.
I have searched the forums for answers but to no avail.
I have tried Whitelisting as some recommended www.google-analytics.com but no use, disabled Qos, still nothing works.
noticed when the files are actually sent media.ftlv1-1.fna.whatsapp.net is allowed, but still can't figure out why the delay.
sending a text is fast and quick with no delay at all.

can you help me solve this problem?
thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums @Majin17.

What does 'RT-AX86U in bridge mode' mean? If you're not using the router in Router mode, I don't believe most scripts will work, including Skynet.

When you flashed to RMerlin firmware (which version?), did you do a full reset to factory defaults? Followed by not using a saved backup config file and instead, a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP (or, main router)?

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry, I meant the router is in Router Mode.
I did a factory reset and flashed Merlin 386.3_2, didn't use any backup files. need to mention that stock firmware was working fine.
AiProtection is turned on.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry, I meant the router is in Router Mode.
I did a factory reset and flashed Merlin 386.3_2, didn't use any backup files. need to mention that stock firmware was working fine.
AiProtection is turned on.

You should be flashing the firmware you want to use, first. Then, do a full reset to factory defaults, afterward.

Ok, I tried what you recommended, flashed the firmware, restored factory with the reset button.
Still have an issue with delayed media, sometimes I noticed even the Whatsapp "connecting" is taking forever.

The recommendation is with the Hard Reset method for your router, see post 2 above.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!