RT-AX88U 386.1 beta 5 wrong firmware........help me!

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

NoobuserAdvanced

Occasional Visitor
i have today RT-AX88U 386.1 beta 4 i will ugrade! to RT-AX88U 386.1 beta 5 now my problem come.......

Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AX88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

Whats wrong? :oops:

det721

Part of the Furniture
You may have to use the firmware recovery tool. Known issue for some. Read the Merlin beta thread.

Slawek P

i have today RT-AX88U 386.1 beta 4 i will ugrade! to RT-AX88U 386.1 beta 5 now my problem come.......

Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AX88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

Whats wrong? :oops:
Is router still usable after the failure and showing previous version? If yes, I would try again - have you removed USB disk in Web UI? For me it worked the second time.
If not responding already then recovery tool.

NoobuserAdvanced

Occasional Visitor
Thanks! Merlin:cool: Now works everything, my setup......
Asus RT-AX88U - Asus RT-AX56U | Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1_0 AiMesh-System

Diversion - Skynet - Unbound Manager - Pixelserv-tls

Working so nice! :)