What's new

RT-AX88u ax600 link aggregation trunk port?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Agoldstein54

Occasional Visitor
hello guys, now that i have received my device and enabled link aggregation, is there anyway to configure the device to turn the LACP on the side of the router to be a trunk port, and pass specified vlans? In my topology i have LACP to my core cisco 3750G which connects to 3 access switches. I have all of the vlans enabled and working on the switches, and the layer 3 3750g provides the routing and dhcp for all vlans except the default vlan 1. under this setup, is it even necessary to turn the LACP on the AX88u into a trunk link given that i do not rely on it to perform routing for the other vlans? would the router perform normally and not even have to worry about vlans if all of that is handled by the switch? to rephrase: when the switch routes the other vlan traffic to the internet through the ax-88u is it going to be an issue if the router doesnt know about the other vlans besides vlan 1, or will the switch automatically untag that traffic out bound to the internet via the router,