What's new

RT-AX88U Dropping "Some" IPTV Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MatynK

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AX88U router running with my ISP providing a 1gb fiber line. I have 3 IPTV boxes, all the same spec, all the same IPTV provider.
One IPTV is plugged directly in to the AX88U, the second IPTV is plugged in to a RT-AX56U (running as AiMesh Node which uses a wired backhaul).
The third IPTV is wireless and connects to the 5Ghz band of the AX56U node.

The one plugged directly in to the AX88U just won't stream constantly, it freeze every 15 mins or so without any reason.
If i change channel and then go back to the original channel, the connection seems to reconnect and start streaming again.
I have swapped the IPTV boxes around, I have tried different wire / WiFi combo's, but nothing seems to work correctly if attached to the AX88U.
I have also tried all 3 IPTV boxes on a different ISP using a different router and I don't have any issues, so it must be something with the AX88U.

I have no idea what setting the IPTV "Supplier" uses, so I am not sure if entering anything in the IPTV settings on the router will solve the issue.

Anyone with any ideas ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!