1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AX88U - Lost all web gui access for both mobile and PC

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by goldbondx, Dec 3, 2019.

1. goldbondx

goldbondx New Around Here

Hello, I have read a number of threads with related concerns with Asus. I just switched back to a Asus after 4 years of hell with ORBI and not completely used to UI.

I was running all great when I decided to make a few changes:
    Changed my web admin access to HTTPS from both HTTP and HTTPS. I also turned on HTTP logging for S&Giggles..

I can no longer access the router admin gui via either the mobile client or multiple connected PC's. All I see on the PC is "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I would like to avoid doing a hard reset like some suggested on older models/threads.

Appreciate the help.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

3. goldbondx

HI Colin, Apologies as I should have listed that. I tried the secured login from multiple PC's without success. I just restarted the unit (which I hadn't previously) and now secured seems to work on PC only. Can you confirm why the mobile app still does not connect? I am hoping this doesn't occur again on PC.

4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Sorry, I've no idea. I've never used the app and don't know how it works.

5. goldbondx

Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Selected secured login ONLY and I seem to be connected. Not exactly user friendly but back in business.