What's new

RT-AX88U Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PainKiller89

Occasional Visitor
All,

Does WiFi 6 need to be enabled for 2.4ghz and 5ghz? What are some tweaking you guys recommend to make the connectivity better and performance improvements. I am also using link bonding with my NAS to increase the throughput. Any suggestions will be appreciated it.

Thanks

Have a look in the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides for some suggestions on getting a working/stable router first.

Afterward, the suggestions offered can be compared to the baseline of what works for 'most'. :)

I'm not suggesting that all the steps in the guides need to be performed at this time, but it would ensure that the firmware, the hardware, and the clients are all at their expected defaults and should then play nice together. :)

I am also using link bonding with my NAS to increase the throughput.
In most cases, unless you are really pushing it, link bonding won't get you much and in some cases may actually reduce the throughput. Depending on the NAS, the FW and other factors, there are a lot of things to consider. Is all your traffic local and your devices are all connected to the 8-port switch in the router?
Does WiFi 6 need to be enabled for 2.4ghz and 5ghz?
You don't need to enable WiFi 6 unless you WiFi 6 capable devices :)

In general, the router should work out of the box. "Tweaking" is usually only necessary if you need to make adjustments for your environment or if you have specific devices with specific issues. Many people do turn off "automatic" functions, like channel selection, though. Not sure what the default setting is for those anymore as it has been a while since I've reset.

In most cases, unless you are really pushing it, link bonding won't get you much and in some cases may actually reduce the throughput. Depending on the NAS, the FW and other factors, there are a lot of things to consider. Is all your traffic local and your devices are all connected to the 8-port switch in the router?

You don't need to enable WiFi 6 unless you WiFi 6 capable devices :)

In general, the router should work out of the box. "Tweaking" is usually only necessary if you need to make adjustments for your environment or if you have specific devices with specific issues. Many people do turn off "automatic" functions, like channel selection, though. Not sure what the default setting is for those anymore as it has been a while since I've reset.

Oh i didn't know about the throughput with using bonding. Yeah all traffic is local and all of devices are connected to the 8 port switch on the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!