What's new

RT-AX88U Slow DHCP resolution Ports 1-4 compared to Ports 5-8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanke1

I have run into a strange problem where ports 1-4 are extremely slow in acquiring DHCP addresses. 1 full minute to get an address. Where ports 5-8 are instantaneous. I am using stock 3.0.0.4.384_6436 firmware. I have not set any static IP in router as well as in Windows or my NVR. I have tried to factory reset my router, installed Merlin firmware but problem remains. Can anyone try it out whether their 1-4 LAN ports are slow too as well?
This is on RT-AX88U BTW.

My entire network is connected to port 1 (through a switch), no issue with DHCP.

Try power cycling the router to do an electrical reset.

My entire network is connected to port 1 (through a switch), no issue with DHCP.

Try power cycling the router to do an electrical reset.
I did. Can you try plugging your PC directly to port 1 and see how long does Windows take to establish a connection? Try the same with port 8 and let me know if there is any difference.

I did. Can you try plugging your PC directly to port 1 and see how long does Windows take to establish a connection? Try the same with port 8 and let me know if there is any difference.

I don't have any computer near the modem/router to test at the moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!